Back2Business
Welcome to B2B Forums.
Feel free to register or just log in with your account.
Back2Business
Welcome to B2B Forums.
Feel free to register or just log in with your account.
Back2Business
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The power of knowledge .

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Issle
100% Back2Business
100% Back2Business

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-02

The power of knowledge . Empty
PostSubject: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:50 am

Hallo,

long time no see fellow ex-clanmates. Been doing many things latelly ( not l2 ) but anyway i thought i should give some time to write this outburst of thoughts deriving from L2 private (l2j/l2off) and arriving to a more broad conclusion which i would appreciate if commented.

Lineage 2 is pretty much dead. For simple reasons you already all know. You played it multiple times in multiple fail servers. The content stays the same as noone, including ncsoft is capable of brining new, interesting and innovative content. Along with most of the reasons the game fails nowaday, stacking on top , is the expansion of so many private servers. We are in the state where we have more admin wannabes than players. And the reason that so many servers exist, is because someone allowed that to happen. And that is called open source. Open source is a dissease of modern software programming.

Open source is like giving the masses a nuclear weapon and expecting them to use it wiselly. How many would use it wiselly ? Almost nobody. And those that would use it wiselly, would get demolished by the mass that is using it on the wrong purpose. But its not the masses to blame. All those fail admins who have no idea how to code, they cant be blamed for opening bad servers. That was their limmit, they couldnt produce more.

Who it is to be blamed, is the people who incepted that parasitic idea of creating and maintaining an open source project like L2J. It was people that had the knowledge, but not the vision and maturity to understand the harm they do to the game itself. Thats who should be blamed. But people without vision and maturity are many. The real problem is how and why do they get the knowledge.

Every random balcan,greek,portuguese guy knows java nowadays. They all do. Ive met many of them. And that knowledge regarding if it is programming or anything else, is power. Knowledge is the power to change things. And those currying that power should by all means be mature, visionary, and precautious. Sadly those that have the knowledge today do not have the abilities needed to manipulate that knowledge in the right way.

In a world where internet, good will and some IQ can make you a scientist, it comes really as a question, should knowledge be freely available to everyone ? Or should it be kept secret as it was back in the dark ages ?

Up for philosophic discussion.
Back to top Go down
neiz
B2B ~ 4 Life
B2B ~ 4 Life
neiz

Number of posts : 208
Humor : inappropriate
Registration date : 2009-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:55 pm

i disagree in every point.

L2 is not dead. with leaked Freya PTS files, some solid servers are going to be opened, like the upcoming RPGClub 15x. Even retail is ressurected. Servers are merged into two big servers, one for EU, second for NA, and its almost overpopulated (https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img8/8770/meanwhilenaia.jpg cant find the original screen, but you get the point).

Open-source is one of the best things that happened to software industry. The fact that youre involved in L2j and dealing with scrubs every day twisted your vision.

Knowledge HAS TO be available, knowledge HAS TO be free, knowledge HAS TO be widespread and its sad to hear such questions from you. really sad.

as for a philosophic discussion, i doubt there will be any, since its just you being butthurted.

peace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.phonetrace.org/
Issle
100% Back2Business
100% Back2Business

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Quote :
Servers are merged into two big servers

You said it yourself. Merged. The reason they merge servers, is because the game is dying, that doesnt need any IQ to understand.

I dont have anything agaist good servers like rpgclub, but just think how better would rpgclub be, if there werent another 100 l2off servers around with the sole purpose to last a month and make money.

Also judging by l2j, you can easily see that open source damaged it. The same damage linux has done to the general industry of operating systems.

And yes, i have really changed my opinion latelly about open-source, democracy, the rights to education and freedom of speech. But it came as you rightly said "The fact that youre involved in L2j and dealing with scrubs every day twisted your vision. " from watching how things really work in an industry resembling the much greater picture of life.

2 years ago, i was all pro about open source. Now i look back there, and im ashamed of my past self having that stupid opinions.
Back to top Go down
MuseBreaks
I AM YOUR FATHER!
I AM YOUR FATHER!
MuseBreaks

Number of posts : 3706
Humor : B-R Family!
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:47 am

OFF-TOPIC ALERT (or maybe not so off-topic)

Explain this to me s'il vous plait.
Back to top Go down
Siege
The Boss
The Boss
Siege

Number of posts : 2762
Humor : say whaaat ?
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:30 am

it never gonna stop .

They are working on L2 over 5 years + the time they created that game.

I don't see anything equal to that to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://back2business.forumotion.com
MuseBreaks
I AM YOUR FATHER!
I AM YOUR FATHER!
MuseBreaks

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Siege wrote:
it never gonna stop .

They are working on L2 over 5 years + the time they created that game.

I don't see anything equal to that to be honest.

I've seen the new "update" to Lineage 2 on G-STAR, named Goddess of Death, NCSoft created a couple of new classes and added some neat skills to others, but the game mechanics are basically the same.
They put too much effort on creating new areas (they're really pretty, ok) and bosses but they forgot the most important part of the game, general gameplay.

I was right to be pessimistic, I highly doubt that L2 will ever recover from the hit that will be the next failed update.
Back to top Go down
Avanti
B2B Tru€ $ch00L'z
B2B Tru€ $ch00L'z

Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:30 pm

MuseBreaks wrote:

I was right to be pessimistic, I highly doubt that L2 will ever recover from the hit that will be the next failed update.

wasnt you so optimistic when we talked about that new update? Razz
Back to top Go down
Issle
100% Back2Business
100% Back2Business

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:39 pm

The new update will be actually like a new game. The client will change its engine ( i heard some rumors about cryengine from crytek ). Packet mechanism will change too, so it will be lots of work to get it implemented in the private world Smile ).
Back to top Go down
MuseBreaks
I AM YOUR FATHER!
I AM YOUR FATHER!
MuseBreaks

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:19 am

Issle wrote:
The new update will be actually like a new game. The client will change its engine ( i heard some rumors about cryengine from crytek ). Packet mechanism will change too, so it will be lots of work to get it implemented in the private world Smile ).

Don't you have access to the clan part anymore? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Siege
The Boss
The Boss
Siege

Number of posts : 2762
Humor : say whaaat ?
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:55 am

Issle wrote:

check the videos out which are posted inside the gallery.
Back to top Go down
https://back2business.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The power of knowledge .   The power of knowledge . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The power of knowledge .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Back2Business :: Public Section :: General-
Jump to: